Girls Exploring Tomorrow’s Technology (GETT) is an annual event in the spring for girls in grades 5-10 and their parents to learn about career opportunities in a broad scope of STEAM related industries. The day is filled with exciting, enlightening and experiential activities led by successful women in STEAM fields.
GETT began in Chester County, Pennsylvania in 2001 as a response to the under-representation of young women in the computer and information technology fields. Since that time, GETT has expanded its geographical footprint to include students from all around Southeastern Pennsylvania and now showcases the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM).
GETT is an initiative of the Innovative Technology Action Group (ITAG), a program under the Chester County Economic Development Council, and is driven by the volunteer efforts of numerous public, private and educational organizations, along with public and private investments.
2018 “GETT by the Numbers”:
1. 912 girls between 5th and 10th grades attended GETT 2018.
2. 187 schools were represented at the event.
3. 324 Parents and Educators attended.
4. 63 Companies, Universities and Professional Organizations participated in the Expo.
5. 106 tables in the GETT Expo, each with unique hands-on STEM activities.
Check out the videos from last year to see GETT 2018 in action!